Since 2015 and prior to joining CLA, Mr. Wilson had a solo legal practice in San Diego County with an emphasis on real estate / real property law, business law, trusts & estates, and family law. Mr. Wilson utilized his expertise in residential and commercial real estate sales transactions and financing, agency, contract contingencies, seller disclosures, fraud, usury, foreclosure law, and anti-deficiency statutes, while representing clients in all phases of civil litigation and transactional work.
From 2011 through 2015, Mr. Wilson worked at the Law Offices of Michael Spilger, a real estate litigation law firm in downtown San Diego, where he represented clients in civil litigation focusing on real estate and real property issues, obtained temporary restraining orders and preliminary injunctions to stop or suspend wrongful foreclosures or other injurious conduct; prosecuted or defended against civil actions for fraud and/or failure to disclose known material defects during the purchase/sale of real property; and prosecuted or defended quiet title actions to establish property ownership and clear title to property, among other legal cases and issues.
Mr. Wilson co-authored, with attorney Charles D. Richmond, the article “DISABILITY ACCOMMODATIONS IN HOUSING: Failure to Engage in an Interactive Process with Disabled Tenant / Resident Owner After a Request for Accommodation Could Make One Liable for Disability Discrimination Even if the Accommodation Request is Found Unreasonable,” published in the North County Lawyer, December 2017, Vol. 34, No. 12, a publication of the North County Bar Association (San Diego County), and published in Real Property Law E-News, February 2018 Edition, a publication of the California Lawyers Association (CA State Bar), Real Property Law Section. Mr. Wilson also co-authored, with attorney Mark Guithues, the article “DISABILITY ACCOMMODATIONS AND THIRD PARTY LIABILITY: What You Should Have Known Can Hurt You,” published in the California Association of Community Managers (“CACM”) Law Journal, Spring 2018.
- State Bar of California
- J.D., California Western School of Law
- B.A., University of California, Los Angeles
Affiliations and Memberships
- San Diego County Bar Association, Real Property Law Section Executive Committee
- Currently serves on the Real Property Law Section Ex-Comm, beginning October 2020
- San Diego County Bar Association, Real Property Law Section
- Served on the Executive Committee for the Real Property Law Section since 2015, serving as Vice-Chair in 2017 and 2018, and Chair in 2019
- An eligible, practicing member Southern District of California and the Central District of California and authorized to practice in the federal courts in those districts.
- Edition: CAI San Diego Spring 2019 Community Insider – Article: “After the Disaster Responding to a Major Crisis”
- Edition: CACM Law Journal 2019 Summer Issue – Article: “Managing Vacation and Short-Term Rentals”